Pages

Monday, April 6, 2015

Fall in Love With Yourself

Have you ever made a New Years resolution and failed to keep it, or sworn up and down you would change only to revert to your old ways?  I know I have, I keep telling myself and telling my friends that I will give up TV one day and I will work out every night.  I keep setting huge expectations for myself, and then when I fail to meet them I feel bad about myself.  I mean come on, it's not my fault that Chicago Fire is my the best show ever and The Blacklist keeps sucking me in for more...is it?  Yes, I know that it is healthy to set goals, but what I want to say is that it is okay to just be you.  Don't try to force yourself to be someone you are not, instead find a way to love who you are.  Yes, I am still setting goals for myself and hope to one day lead a healthier lifestyle, but I am giving myself permission to love the person I am today and love where I am today...and you should too!  Life is not about the destination, it is about the journey.  Take a second to pause today and look around, and be proud of yourself and where you are and love the person that you are.  Maybe you don't have the job you always wanted, or the new purse to show off, or even money for groceries, because yes...life can be hard.  It is hard, but it is beautiful and learning to love yourself and the person you are is just one small step in learning to enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment