Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2015

"My Hallelujah Song"

As the rain falls down and melts the snow outside and the gray clouds block out the winter sun I am reminded of a day this past summer where I had a moment of pure bliss, one of those serendipitous moments that speaks volumes and reinforces that every thing is alright.  Over the past 6 months I have moved across the country, started a new job, and moved in with new roommates.  And as my favorite blogger Many Hale so eloquently said, [I was finally] "brave enough to face the glorious known of the unaccompanied journey." 

I moved to Chicago, and the first few days were a total blur of furniture buying, building, and finding (it's amazing what can be found in an alley).  As the summer wore on I fell more and more in love with the city, with my job, with my friends, and with myself.  I finally felt I had arrived and on one bright August day as I walked home from the L with my music on shuffle the most amazing thing happened.  "My Hallelujah Song" began to play.  I vividly remember walking down the street and looking up to see my apartment coming into view just as the first chords of the song began to play.  At that moment a smile played across my face and I KNEW without a doubt that God had led me to Chicago.  When you give your life to God it is amazing the places he will take you, put your faith and trust in him so that you can sing your own song!

"Look at me, can't believe
I finally made it here
Feeling like I'm where I belong
Singing my hallelujah song

Hard to find, took some time
But I think that I might be hittin'
On what's been missing all along
Singing my hallelujah song"

Click here to watch the music video

No comments:

Post a Comment