Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Transformation

As I write this the calendar is showing December 20th.  Just 5 more days until Christmas and 11 days left until the year switches over to 2015.  I can't help but think about New Years Resolutions and the new beginning and possibilities that come with the calendar flashing January.  Six months ago I went through a rebirth of sorts: new job, new city, new apt, and a new life.  The past six month of new have gone by in a flash and what was once new and exciting is now routine and gives me a blessed contentedness.  Now, January looms on the horizon and I find myself reflecting on the past six months and excited about the future and what January may hold.  Historically I have never been big on New Years Resolutions, I have made a few as a child (don't fight with my sister & do my chores for example)  but have never been successful at keeping them.  I have found this is because change needs to come about organically and not be manufactured to fit into the calendar and to societies expectations.  This year I feel an undeniable call to transformation, to become closer to God & myself, to watch less TV & read and write more, to talk less & listen more, and to become more patient and less demanding of God.  All too often I find myself trying to manufacture my destiny and force things into place when I need to take the backseat and pray.  Growing up I had a Bible verse hung in my bathroom, I've read more times than I can count yet the words ring true now more than ever:

"For I know the plans I have you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you," Jeremiah 29:11

Trusting in the Lord is key, and I pray for patience and courage to put my faith in him and stop forcing things.  After all, some of the best moments in life are the unexpected.  Here is to a fabulous New Year filled with love and patience and being unabashedly me!

No comments:

Post a Comment